Job summary: Social Alpha is seeking a Content Manager who can transform the way content is being produced and published through new and innovative forms of content writing. As a Content Manager, you will be a part of the Marketing and Communications Team and will be responsible for all the content related efforts of the organization. The ideal candidate should have excellent knowledge in content development, content marketing, be up to date with relevant content trends and must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creating content strategy including the tonality and messaging and implementing the organization’s content assets.
- Developing engaging content pieces that reflect the voice, tone and messaging of the organization.
- Responsible for writing innovative and compelling content for newsletters, emailers, reports, entrepreneur/start-up stories, investment stories, blogs, thought leadership/opinion articles, drafting fundraising proposals etc.
- Creating engaging content for website, social media and digital channels.
- Collaborating with the marketing department, portfolio teams and other stakeholders to understand content requirements, taking briefs and implementing content strategy accordingly.
- Ensuring simplicity, originality and clarity of content.
- Staying up to date and relevant with current industry and content trends, social media trends, start-up trends and maintaining consistent knowledge of the ecosystem.
- Proven track record in writing engaging and new forms of content through research and creative thinking.
- Ability to write appealing and unique content in the form of narrative communication, long and short articles, short snackable pieces, copy writing, white papers etc.
- Ability to synthesize complex topics across various sectors and develop clear, concise and meaningful pieces.
- Excellent command over English language – both written and verbal.
- Review and revise general content for accuracy and quality including spelling and grammar, punctuation and flow.
- Knowledge of online content and strategy creation based on current industry trends.
- Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel, SharePoint) and Google Docs etc.
- Comfortable in a flexible and fluid environment where initiative is encouraged, and collaborative consensus is required for success.
- At minimum, should have a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related fields, degree in English Literature is a plus.
- 4-5 years of experience in working on content, content marketing, copy writing in advertising/creative agency/start-up ecosystem or related fields.
Please email your CV and 4-5 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.