At Khethworks, our mission is to enable smallholder farmers to grow more, earn more and provide more for their families and communities. We make efficient and portable solar- powered irrigation systems that enable our customers to farm year-round. Khethworks was founded in 2015 at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the United States, where we developed the underlying technology. Based in India since January 2016, we are currently a small but hardworking team of 6 with our head office in Pune and our regional office in Ranchi. We are a venture-funded social enterprise back by Social Alpha, an initiative of the Tata Trusts; by Sangam Ventures; and by Volo Foundation (United States). Khethworks has won grants from United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), NITI Aayog’s Atal New India Challenge, and MIT’s Delta V. We have been featured in publications such as CNN, Wired, Ogunte – For Impact Women, and MIT Technology Review magazine, and we were finalists for the Design Impact Awards and ISHOW India.
In this position you will be working with Khethworks’ field operations team across different blocks of Jharkhand to launch our new solar pump product, build a local ecosystem of stakeholders, and develop relationships with our customers, smallholder farmers.
- Managing different block level operations in Jharkhand and provide ground-level feedback to the Khethworks’s regional office based in Ranchi.
- Organizing and conducting marketing activities such as demonstrations of the product.
- Conducting surveys and collecting data from farmers and customers in their fields.
- Efficiently managing local stakeholder network and partnerships, primarily at the block and gram panchayat (GP) level.
- Identifying potential customer geographies and engaging in promotion and sales activities involving the product.
Your work will also involve travel to different block and rural areas in and around Jharkhand reporting to the Khethworks field team and engaging directly with small-acreage farmers and partner organizations.
- Diploma or higher – can be 10+2 or graduation
- 2+ years of relevant work experience with rural development organizations, preferably in Jharkhand.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Customer service attitude
- Strong grasp of agriculture and allied activities.
- Good understanding of rural communities of Jharkhand.
- Preferably fluent in local language(s) like Sadri, Mundari etc.
- Ability to manage partnerships and stakeholder networks.
- Be able to make frequent travels to different part of Jharkhand, probably by scooter or motorcycle.
Location: Different blocks of Jharkhand (Ranchi, Gumla and Khunti Districts)
Salary range: Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to apply & application timeline: Please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject line [Field Resource Person] YOUR NAME.
You may also send your details over WhatsApp to +91 7666017456 mentioning the position you are applying for.
February 3rd: application goes live
February 10th: last day to apply
February 11th-13th: if selected for the next round, we will have a 20 minute introductory phone interview and Khethworks will conduct reference checks
February 17th: if selected for the next round, we will have an in-person meeting at Khethworks Regional office in Ranchi (Khethworks will cover travel costs)
February 19th: Khethworks will make an official job offer
February 25th: ideally, the applicant selected will join Khethworks no later than February 25th . However, we’ll do our best to work with the chosen applicant to ensure a timeline that fits their need.