We are looking at a position of Operations Manager based in Parwanoo, Himachal Pradesh.
This role is a leadership position with main focus on sales strategy and will report directly to the Founder, CEO and will lead a team of 3 to 5 senior team members and oversee the reporting requirements of the full team of juniors, currently at approx. 10 additional team.
About Himalayan Rocket Stove
The Himalayan Rocket Stove company is a social enterprise in a start up phase having completed three years of operations and sales. We are now looking at expanding our customer base through new partnerships & market openings and stabilizing the existing markets. Our triple bottom line is aimed at reducing deforestation and pollution through the manufacture and sales of our clean combustion technology. We measure profits in terms of financial, environmental and social benefits.
Our key product line is a range of smokeless heating and cooking solid fuel stoves that dramatically reduce fuel inputs and polluting outputs. We do this using high temperature combustion technology known as “Rocket Stove” in some parts of the world.
Our goal is to become the regional and perhaps even the global leaders is high efficiency combustion devices for heating and other purposes. Our introductory product is the Eco Stove range which will establish the technology in the Himalayan marketplace. Over 2000 customers are already happy users of our stoves.
We now aim to add to this an extensive range of add-ons that increase the functionality of the basic stove beyond heating and cooking, as well as expand the range of stoves to suit various situations such as large halls, institutions and commercial spaces.
The operations manager role is mainly to implement the right processes and practices across the organization so we can now take the next leap in our growth. The specific duties of operations manager include formulating strategy, improving performance, direct effective sales strategy, work with our existing distributors, create new and sustainable sales partnerships across the targeted markets. You should be ready to mentor your team members, find ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels. Ideal candidate will need to have an ability to create and maintain an efficient system of operation to support the business needs. The candidate should be comfortable multitasking and working cross-functionally, geographically and culturally diverse team spread across our key sales network and with different business units. The ideal candidate should have previous experience in related fields of sales and distribution within North of India, any experience and cultural understanding in the Indian Himalayan Region will be an added advantage.
- Establish and maintain business standards for accuracy, productivity and reliability
- Manage the daily functions of the business with a focus on sales and distribution across our network across Indian Himalayan Region, Nepal & Bhutan
- Prepare monthly performance review and re-evaluate processes
- Plan monthly, quarterly and annual sales target
- Strategize to achieve the set sales target on a monthly basis with the field team
- Manage the distribution of product units in coordination with the sales and manufacturing team
- Ensure regulatory, compliance and legal rules are followed
- Manage budget to align with goals of business
- Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability
- Manage budgets and forecasts
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Recruit, train and supervise staff as and when required
- Find ways to increase quality of customer service
- Set up a weekly business reporting mechanism to the CEO
- Proven work experience as operations manager or similar role with a focus on sales and supply chain management
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Experience budgeting and forecasting
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Degree in Business, Operations Management or related field
- Ability to represent the company at events and industry forums
- Ideal – Engineer with an understanding of technical and mechanical functions with an additional Masters in Business Administration
- 6+ years of experience in a similar role in a related industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with a hands-on knowledge of using Excel & Power point
- Mid-Senior level
Reporting & Team
- To Founder & Director
- Will lead a team of 3 to 5 members
- Oversee the junior team of 10+
- Retail, Clean energy, FMCG
- Consumer Services
- Logistics & Supply Chain
- Business Development
- Customer Service
- Sales & Distribution
- Will be benchmarked as per industry standards with a premium of working in a social enterprise in a clean energy sector
- The candidate should be able to resume this role latest by August 1st, 2020