SundayGrids is a sustainability-centric startup based in Bangalore. Our focus is to intersect the accessibility and scale enabled by digital tools with the public engagement and participation needed to build a positive climate impact.
Job Title: WordPress Developer
Location: Full-Time Remote Work/ Bangalore
Roles & Responsibilities:
- PHP-based website production, coding, deployment, and optimization of ongoing projects.
- Optimize applications for speed and scalability.
- Development of front-end and back-end web properties, working closely with our creative team to develop, implement, and maintain designs that fit our brand look and feel.
- Lightweight server-side maintenance (domains, DNS, redirects, hosting).
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS.
- Plan & execute the projects from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes.
- Keep track of developments in web technology
- Stay up-to-date with industry-related news and generate ideas around trending topics.
- OOPs Concepts must clear.
- Good understanding of PHP, Jquery, HTML, and CSS.
- Strong understanding of any WordPress based CMS
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles or any other JS framework (Angular, Vue).
- Knowledge of interacting with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
- Experience in versioning technologies such as Git environment.
- Experience with continuous integration/Continuous Deployment.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Good analytical and logical skills
- Understanding the security and compliance aspects of DevOps.
Please apply only & only if you have experience with WordPress development & not just installing/setting up plugins & themes.
Working at Sunday Grids
We genuinely believe that having a deep understanding in the fundamentals of the field is far more important than just counting experience based on years or degrees gained. In fact, neither of those two vanity metrics are taken into consideration during hiring.
We believe true climate action is possible only when it is equitable, and the same goes for our teams as well. Our aim is to build a culture and workspace that is diverse and inclusive, with equal and equitable opportunity for all.
In the current context, we would like to transition into a hybrid workspace. Physical presence really helps in collaborative engagements while we hold that flexibility to do deep work elsewhere precious. Additionally, we are also experimenting with transitioning into an alternating four-day workweek.