In India, small-holder farmers grapple with fragmented land issues, absence of irrigation, unpredictable weather conditions, low productivity, price volatility, and a broken agri-food value chain—all leading to subsistence farming, increased debts, and low income. Although several technology-based innovations exist to address these challenges, smallholder farmers have had limited opportunity to avail of them.
To improve productivity and increase farmers’ income, we have collaborated with Cisco India CSR to launch Krishi Mangal – an initiative that brings together the power of innovation, entrepreneurship, and communities for the wellbeing and prosperity of smallholder farmers. Krishi Mangal’s first edition followed a two-pronged approach to support deep-tech innovations – a Scale-up Accelerator for AgriTech start-ups and promoting the Digital Innovation Platform for collaborations across the agriculture & allied value-chain.
AgriTech Scale-up Accelerator
Through a rigorous process, we selected five innovative start-ups to be a part of the Scale-up Accelerator
- Grant Funds for Field Implementation
- Marketing & Branding Support
- Sales & Distribution Support
- Fundraising Support
Digital Innovation Platform
Conceptualised and built by Social Alpha, the Open Innovation Platform is a first of its kind digital collective that brings various stakeholders from different sectors together.
Through Krishi Mangal, this Digital Innovation Platform was promoted to expedite collaboration and co-creation in agriculture and allied sectors.
MEET OUR WINNING START-UPS
- TraceX TechnologiesJune 4, 2021
- Jalkeevika InfotechJune 4, 2021
- Tan 90 Thermal SolutionsJune 4, 2021
- Satyukt AnalyticsJune 4, 2021
- PashubajaarJuly 28, 2022
- Capsber Global AgroJune 15, 2023
- Mivipro ProductsJune 15, 2023
- Dharaksha EcosolutionsJune 15, 2023
- Animeta AgritechJune 15, 2023
- Urdhvam EnvironmentJune 15, 2023
- Niyo Farm TechJune 15, 2023
- Proximal SoilsensJune 15, 2023